Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe

I make this quite often actually, sometimes I use more fatty ingredients if I'm feeling fat... Definitely taste the recipe before you add the pasta in, because once the pasta's in, there's no turning back! 
Chicken Alfredo Pasta (Low Fat)
Creamy margarine-milk white sauce with garlic grilled chicken on spaghetti

> Origin: Italian
> Cost: Moderate
> Ease: Easy 
So this is the first recipe that I took a picture of… It’s not that I never made anything before this, it’s just that I happened to start using my new camera around this time. In any case, this recipe was something adapted from a long while ago. I don’t even remember where I got it from or what the original recipe was. There’s a lot of substituting going on here due to my lack of ingredients, being a poor student… But it turned out pretty good. Just keep in mind that the recipe itself is very make-shift… as I don’t really follow the recipe to a T. So make adjustments where necessary! There’s your disclaimer right there :P ! 
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (marinated with melted margarine and minced garlic)
  • 1 package of pasta (fettuccine, spaghetti, penne, etc.) 
Alfredo Sauce
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 1/2 cup cornstarch)
    • I used flour because I had no cornstarch... 
  • 3 cups parmesan
  • 5 cups skim milk
  • 1 cup margarine
  • 2 tbsp of minced garlic
  • 2~ tbsp parsley
  • 1 tbsp ground pepper or peppercorn
  • Handful of chopped broccoli heads (optional)
Methods:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken on aluminum foil for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown at top.
  2.  In a pot of boiling water, add a few pinches of salt and cook pasta for 7-8 minutes, or until desired texture is reached.
  3.  In a pot, set at medium heat, mix milk, parmesan, and margarine, until both parmesan and margarine are fully melted. Add flour and whisk until all clumps are dispersed. Mix in the minced garlic, parsley, ground pepper, and broccoli heads. Mix until a creamy mixture is obtained. *If you need to thicken, you can add more flour or cornstarch. Taste and make adjustments where necessary. 
  4. Add pasta to the sauce, mix well. Serve on a plate with sliced chicken on top. (Optional: Add some parmesan cheese and parsley on top for taste.)

No comments:

Post a Comment