Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teriyaki Steak Strips Recipe

Excuse the horrible picture... I think I made this during midterm season :( 

Sweet taste of teriyaki marinated steak strips, grilled or pan-fried to perfection
> Origin: Japanese/Western Fusion
> Cost: Cheap
> Ease: Very Easy


I love meat. I love steak the most. I tend to eat mine rare or medium rare, but to be very honest, eating the same old steak all the time gets kind of boring. The best thing to do with a not-so-good cut of steak would be to cut it up and marinate it awesomely. Most of the time, I love eating my steak plain because I love the natural flavour, but often times, certain cuts of steak won't taste as good, so it's worth it to marinate it a bit to bring out some hidden flavours. Here's one way of doing it... :)


Ingredients:
  • Any type of steak
  • Teriyaki Marinade:
    • 1 cup soy sauce (light)
    • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
    • 1/2 cup brown sugar
    • 2 tbsp ginger (minced)
    • 2 tbsp garlic (minced)
    • 3 tbsp finely chopped green onion
    • Pinch of black pepper
    • 1/2 tbsp oil
Methods:
  1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade together until sugar is dissolved.
  2. Trim the fat off your steaks and cut into strips.
  3. Marinate the strips in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, for best results.
  4. Grill on skewers or off, uncovered, on medium heat for around 7-10 minutes (flip it halfway) or until desired done-ness. You can brush them with honey while grilling if you like it a bit sweeter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment